Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful.


       

I love this time of the of the year, the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the holidays, the time with family, the food, playing games with cousins and maybe even a football game or two. And this year for the first time in awhile I get to go black friday shopping with my mom and sisters. For the last several years I've always had to work and have never been able to join the mobs. 

This year I am thankful for so much and yet my heart is also sad.
 I can't help but think about my dear friend who just lost her mother this week. 
I can't help but feel sad for all the families who lost their job this year and cant afford turkey and all the fixen's
I can't help but think about all the homeless people freezing in this cold winter weather.

There is so much brokenness in this world and sometimes I find it really hard to deal with all of that! Anyone else feel like that? 

Enjoy the holiday. 

ps. this is a great read for your thanksgiving. 


 he brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me. 
2 Samuel 22:20 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...