Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On turning 30


The Past 10 Years.

When I was 20, I went to Africa on a missions trip.
When I was 21, I co- managed a small family style restaurant
When I was 22, I moved into my own house and made a job change
When I was 23, I went to Nicaragua on a mission trip
When I was 24, I finished college and started full time at Chick-fil-A
When I was 25, I went on a cruise to the Bahamas with my best girl friends and also had the honor of being in two girl friends wedding's
When I was 26, I took Perspectives and went to Asia.
When I was 27, I started dating my husband.
When I was 28, I got married.
When I was 29, I quite my job and joined my husband working for our business.

As I reflected on the past 10 years, the biggest thing I noticed about myself is all the change and personal growth that's happened. I've gone from living under a lot of pain and hurt to living in grace and healing. I've also learned to be at rest with whatever season God has me and enjoy the everyday moments. I've been so richly blessed with a wonderful husband, family and so many dear friends. A good job, a cute little apartment that suits our needs just fine right now and a church that I love and cherish so much.  

I am so richly blessed!


What I want to do in the next 10 years.

 + Travel to Europe.
 + Have a baby or two.
 + Pay off my school loans.
 + Embrace who I am and the gifts God has given me.
 + Encourage women and nurture closer friendships.
 + Learn to Sew
 +Adopt a child

This made me laugh..

Funny Birthday Ecard: I'm 30 but I still feel like I'm 20... until I hang out with 20 year olds... then I'm like, nope never mind, I'm 30.
     image via someecards

4 comments:

  1. I am so blessed to have journeyed with you threw the roaring twenties! :) ~Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!
    sounds like you accomplished much during your twenties. What a great list. =)
    and that quote at the end...hilar. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to the next ten! Looking forward to seeing what they bring. And, yes, that ecard is funny. I think I started feeling that way when I was like 23, but whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it only gets better! I turn 30 in July!

    FYI - giveaway at my blog!
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...